If you require an early check in or late check out please inform reception, subject to availability.
All double rooms feature a King size bed with a crisp white duvet and pillows. Rooms are spacious and airy with multichannel flat screen TV, comfort cooling, free wi-fi, work desk with lamp, telephone, iron and ironing board, tea and coffee making facilities, hair dryer and en-suite power showers. Double-glazing and blackout curtains ensure a totally relaxing and undisturbed night’s sleep
Our twin rooms are equally well equipped and feature comfortable twin beds. Our Executive rooms have a large bath in the en-suite bathroom, floor to ceiling windows and seating area.
Room Service Menu available daily from 12:30 pm until 9:30 pm
Upgrades to executive rooms are available via pre booking and on arrival subject to availability and supplement.
Family Rooms attract a supplement of £20 and can accommodate a maximum of two adults and two children (max 11 years old) who will need to share a comfortable sofa bed. For older children we can offer additional rooms at 50% of the daily BAR rate (maximum of two per room). We also have a limited number of baby cots that are available on request.
To help with family budgets, up to two children aged 11 years or younger are entitled to complimentary food in the restaurant, as designated by the hotel, when accompanied by at least one paying adult currently staying in the hotel*. Children are able to choose from the Children’s Menu. This offer applies only to meals taken in the nominated restaurant at lunch and dinner and does not apply to room service. This offer also applies to breakfast.
* Paying adult defined as eating at least one main course from the standard a la carte menu. Excludes special offer/set price menus offers.
The Aston Hotel Sheffield is ideally situated close to J33 of the M1 between Sheffield & Rotherham. We have 78 en suite bedrooms offering king size, twin, family and adapted bedrooms.
We aim to offer the highest standards of comfort, hospitality and facilities.
- For assistance please call our reception team on 0114 2615690
- The closest town centre is 4 miles away
- A bus service is available from the hotel to the town centre
- We do have access to a local taxi service (accessible taxi service would need to be booked in advance – please contact the hotel)
- You can contact the hotel by telephone, fax, email or in person. We are open 24 hours but responses to emails will be between 7.00 and and 11.00 pm
Arrival & Car parking facilities
- Car park is tarmac
- The hotel has one main entrance, which has no steps and is easily accessible.
- The entrance doors to the hotel are automatic
- There is a drop off area outside the front doors which is paved
- There are disabled parking bays, which are identifiable
Main entrance & Reception
- There are no steps in Reception lobby area
- The reception desk is at the front when entering reception.
- There are a number of chairs in reception
- The desk has two levels for registering your reservation
- Assistance can be given to complete your registration card, please inform reception pre arrival
- Brasserie & Bar 59 are located on your left when entering the hotel reception area
- Conference rooms are located in front of you when entering reception and to your right
- There are no steps or slopes within the hotel Reception or Brasserie
- The floor surface within the Reception area is carpet
- Familiarisation tours can be given when requested in advance
Public Areas – WC
- There is one set of public toilets, located to the right of Reception
- The central toilet is adapted for access and ease of use with wide access door, grab rails, lowered hand wash basin, larger tiled floor space, automatic soap dispenser and lever taps on basin
Brasserie & Bar 59
- Brasserie, Bar & lounge area are situated next to Reception without any doors.
- The area is carpeted
- Chairs are mixed with high back chairs, easy chairs, stools
- Brasserie is located through the bar area
- You are met in Brasserie then shown to your table, the Brasserie is usually table service , however breakfast is often buffet service
- Lighting is natural daylight and ceiling lighting
- During the Evening lighting is dimmed but adjustable
- We are able to cater for certain dietary requirements, please advise staff on booking
- Tables are dark oak in colour, crockery white
- Table reservations taken upon arrival
There are 3 adapted bedrooms within the hotel (one room on each floor, with a lift to access the floors), the rooms are adapted for guests with disabilities and feature:
- Wider entrance doors
- Large floor space to enable guest to manoeuvre
- Hospitality tray with cordless kettle
- Twin or King size bed combination
- Vibrating pillow and flashing wake up emergency alarm
- Assistance pull cords (1 in bedroom, 1 in bathroom) sounding and lighting at reception when pulled
- Horizontal and vertical grab rails around the toilet
- Grab rails in shower and pull down seat
- Low-level washbasin
- Non-slip tiles flooring in bathroom
- Short pile carpet flooring in bedroom
- Television with remote control
- Bedside lamps
- Moveable bedside cabinets
- Fire evacuation notice on back of bedroom door
- Bedroom has an adjoining door should a carer be staying (must be booked at time of reservation, subject to availability, room rate will be given upon request)
- Bedding is non-feather
- The bedroom has one easy chair, low-level table and desk chair
- Some items of furniture can be moved, please enquire
Conference / Meeting rooms
- Wide entrance doors to conference corridor
- There are 7 conference rooms
- All are ground floor and have wide entrance doors
- Rooms benefit from natural daylight and high level lighting that can also be dimmed
- Fully controllable air conditioning
- The toilets are as listed above
- Laundry services are available Monday to Friday, collected by 9:00 am and returned the same day. Bags are located in the wardrobe of your bedroom
- Should you wish for your laundry to be collected from your room, please call reception
- You will find shower gel and soap in your room on arrival, toiletries and towels are replenished daily
- Selection of Daily newspapers are available from Bar 59 area, you can pre order your newspaper on check in. Toothbrush sets, shower caps are available from Reception
- There is a supermarket petrol station 1 mile away
- If you require assistance during your stay please contact reception, where we will do our best to assist you
- Should a fire alarm sound it will be a continuous alarm
- Any guests who may need assistance during their stay – Reception will inform teams in Brasserie, Night porters and Housekeeping
- In the event of an evacuation – Senior person on duty will inform the fire brigade, that we have a guest who needs assistance to evacuate their room
At Aston Hotels we are committed to good environmental practices and are working towards reducing the environmental impact of our business. We are endeavouring to reduce our energy and water consumption resulting in the reduction of our carbon footprint. During your stay, should you require your towels to be changed please place them in your shower cubicle, if not please leave them on your towel rail. Thank you for your help in preserving the earth’s resources.