If you require an early check in or late check out please inform reception, subject to availability.
All double rooms feature a King size bed with a crisp white duvet and pillows. Rooms are spacious and airy with multichannel flat screen TV, comfort cooling, free wi-fi, work desk with lamp, telephone, iron and ironing board, tea and coffee making facilities, hair dryer and en-suite power showers. Double-glazing and blackout curtains ensure a totally relaxing and undisturbed night’s sleep
Our twin rooms are equally well equipped and feature comfortable twin beds. Our Executive rooms have a large bath in the en-suite bathroom and seating area.
Room Service Menu available daily from 12:30 pm until 9:30 pm
Upgrades to executive rooms are available via pre booking and on arrival subject to availability and supplement.
Family Rooms attract a supplement of £20 and can accommodate a maximum of two adults and two children (max 11 years old) who will need to share a comfortable sofa bed. For older children we can offer additional rooms at 50% of the daily BAR rate (maximum of two per room). We also have a limited number of baby cots that are available on request.
To help with family budgets, up to two children aged 11 years or younger are entitled to complimentary food in the restaurant, as designated by the hotel, when accompanied by at least one paying adult currently staying in the hotel*. Children are able to choose from the Children’s Menu. This offer applies only to meals taken in the nominated restaurant at lunch and dinner and does not apply to room service. This offer also applies to breakfast.
* Paying adult defined as eating at least one main course from the standard a la carte menu. Excludes special offer/set price menus offers.
The Aston Hotel Dumfries is ideally situated on the Crichton Estate. We have 71 bedrooms offering king size, twin, family and adapted bedrooms.
We aim to offer the highest standards of comfort, hospitality and facilities.
- For assistance please call our reception team on 01387 272 410
- The town centre is a five minute drive away
- A bus service is available from the hotel to the town centre
- We do have access to a local taxi service (accessible taxi service would need to be booked in advance – please contact the hotel)
- You can contact the hotel by telephone, fax, email or in person. We are open 24 hours but responses to emails will be between 11:00 pm and 7:00 am
Arrival & Car parking facilities
- Car park is tarmac
- The hotel has two entrances both with flat access
- The entrance doors to the hotel are not automatic
- There is a drop off area outside the front doors which is paved
- There are disabled parking bays, which are identifiable
- Reception, Brasserie & bedrooms on low level plus all other public rooms.
- Lift for access to 1st & 2nd floor
Main entrance & Reception
- The reception desk is to your right when entering reception
- There are a number of chairs in reception
- The desk has two levels for registering your reservation
- Assistance can be given to complete your registration card, please inform reception pre arrival
- Brasserie & Bar 59 are located on your left when entering the hotel reception area
- Conference rooms are located on your right when entering form the old entrance
- The floor surface within the Reception area is carpet and laminate flooring
- Familiarisation tours can be given when requested in advance
Public Areas – WC
- There is one set of public toilets, located to the right of Reception
- The central toilet is adapted for access with wide access door, grab rails, lowered hand wash basin, larger tiled floor space, automatic soap dispenser and lever taps on basin
Brasserie & Bar 59
- Brasserie, Bar & lounge area are situated next to Reception without any doors.
- The area is carpeted
- Chairs are mixed with high back chairs, easy chairs, stools
- Brasserie is located through the bar area
- You are met in Brasserie then shown to your table, the Brasserie is usually table service, however breakfast is often buffet service
- Lighting is natural daylight, high level and wall lighting level lighting
- During the Evening lighting is dimmed but adjustable
- We are able to cater for certain dietary requirements, please advise staff on booking
- Tables are beech in colour, crockery white
- Table reservations taken upon arrival
There are three fully adapted bedrooms. One with wet room other two with bath and grab rails. The rooms:
- Wider entrance doors
- Large floor space to enable guest to manoeuvre
- Lower level desk area
- Hospitality tray with cordless kettle
- Twin or King size bed combination
- Vibrating pillow and flashing wake up emergency alarm
- Assistance pull cords (1 in bedroom, 1 in bathroom) sounding and lighting at reception when pulled
- Horizontal and vertical grab rails around the toilet
- Grab rails in shower and pull down seat
- Low-level washbasin
- Non-slip tiles flooring in bathroom
- Short pile carpet flooring in bedroom
- Television with remote control
- Bedside lamps
- Moveable bedside cabinets
- Fire evacuation notice on back of bedroom door
- Bedroom has an adjoining door should a carer be staying (must be booked at time of reservation, subject to availability, room rate will be given upon request)
- Bedding is non-feather
- The bedroom has one easy chair, low-level table and desk chair
- Some items of furniture can be moved, please enquire
Conference / Meeting rooms
- There are 3 conference rooms
- Both are on the ground floor and the Johnston room has a wide entrance door
- Rooms benefit from natural daylight and high level lighting that can also be dimmed
- Please notify conference organisers in advance if any additional services are required – specific seating etc (there maybe a hire charge for some equipment)
- The toilets are as listed above
- Laundry services are available Monday to Friday, collected by 9:00 am and returned the same day. Bags are located in the wardrobe of your bedroom
- Should you wish for your laundry to be collected from your room, please call reception
- Toothbrush sets, shower caps are available from Reception
- Reception will take your newspaper order, papers are available at reception for pick up from 7:00 am, should you want your paper brought to your room please inform Reception
- There is a petrol station approx. half a mile from the hotel with a shop on site
- If you require assistance during your stay please contact reception, where we will do our best to assist you
- Should a fire alarm sound it will be a continuous alarm
- Any guests who may need assistance during their stay – Reception will inform teams in Brasserie, Night porters and Housekeeping
- In the event of an evacuation – Senior person on duty will inform the fire brigade, that we have a guest who needs assistance to evacuate their room